Sunday, April 18, 2010

Why Ryley's Teeth Are So Sparkly

It was Daddy’s turn to give Ryley a bath. We take turns on that sometimes because it’s great bonding time and it’s so much fun. Bath time is one of her favorite things. If she’s grumpy or won’t sleep or if she’s just bored, a bath fixes it every time. Now that Ryley has teeth (8 to be exact) we have to clean them and bath time is when I usually do this. I found it’s the best time. He saw me do this once by wringing out her washcloth and wiping her teeth with it.

During bath time this particular evening, I decided to take some pictures of the two of them. You can’t take enough or capture too many memories! So I’m in there hanging out, taking a few snapshots here and there and chatting with the two of them and I see Daddy squeeze a dime-size amount of soap onto his fingers. He had already washed Ryley all up so I just assumed he had missed a spot and was going to take care of that.

Nope.

His fingers, with the dime-size amount of Johnson and Johnson soap, went straight into her mouth!!!!! I all but dropped my camera in the water as I immediately started rinsing her mouth with water in complete shock! He just sat there wondering what the heck was going on. It all happened so fast. I asked him what he was doing in pure horror and his response was simple…

“I thought this was how you brushed her teeth last time.”

After the panic wore off a little and my jaw slowly started to resume its position off the floor and I was sure her mouth was clear of soap, I checked the bottle to make sure there wasn’t anything about babies ingesting the soap. I, of course, needed to make sure I shouldnt take any steps further than what I had already done to ensure she didn’t swallow anymore soap than what she had. Since I was right there and jumped immediately, it was all in slow-motion, there wasn’t much time for her to swallow a whole lot, if anything. All was okay there.

After the horror then started to fade, I just started laughing and couldn’t stop! We were done with her bath and he was in the other room 15 minutes later and I just started cracking up! How does that happen?!?! I just kept trying to process everything and the longer I processed, the funnier it got. How does his brain translate me with a washcloth that I had wrung out to clean her teeth with to him just using some raw soap to wash her teeth. Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
My poor baby girl is only 9 months old and she’s already had her mouth washed out with soap! Maybe she will remember this and not say anything later in life to warrant it for real.

I must say, this moment was a big turning point in our marriage… I finally understood a lot of things.

From Blog Pics - Month 8 (March)


From Blog Pics - Month 8 (March)


From Blog Pics - Month 8 (March)


From Blog Pics - Month 8 (March)


From Blog Pics - Month 8 (March)


From Blog Pics - Month 8 (March)


From Blog Pics - Month 8 (March)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.